10.04.2015

What's In My Makeup Bag?




I use a small makeup bag to hold all my daily essentials and rotate the products from my collection drawer regularly. Recently I have been using the same selection of products and really enjoying them. So I thought why don't I share them with you? Plus who doesn't like peeking into other girl's makeup bag? :p


As you can tell there is no eyeshadow here. I am not an eyeshadow type of girl, I ain't get fifteen minutes to blend eyeshadows everyday, eyeliners are more than enough for a daily look for me. My goal is a healthy and natural look so my essentials are base, brows and lips products.

I'm experimenting with video swatches in this post, three of the powder products are swatched in the clip below, hope you'll like it! 


The most important part of my daily makeup looks are the base products. Depending on the day, when I need slightly more coverage I reach for my trusty Diorskin Nude BB Creme; other days I just cover the imperfections with Clarins Instant Concealer. Next I use MAC Pro Longwear Concealer to cover dark circles and highlight my under-eye area. Lastly I set my T-zone and chin area with Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder. Now we already look much more awake!

Next I need blusher and bronzer to help me look more 'alive'. I've been really into shimmers recently, so my current favourites are Blushing Trêsor by Lancôme (sorry it is probably discontinues, can't find any link..) and my new Kiko Bronzer Powder in shade 100. The Kiko bronzer has a beautiful glow to it and the shade is very natural on my NC 20 skin, definitely recommend it!

For brows I use Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown with Sigma E65 brush. They are hands down the best brow combo ever, can't imagine me without them!

I have two eye products here. Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner and Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. I do prefer the Maybelline one but if I'm in a rush, a eyeliner pen can save me a lot of time.

Finally my favourite part of makeup- lip products! I've been loving that dusty, muted rosy colour for early autumn. Here are my two favourite at the moment: Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in 501 Casual Pink and Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in Eastend Snob. I have reviewed the Lip Maestro here if you are interested to see swatches and detailed review.

What product have you been loving lately? Please share with me in the comment!
xo, Jessie