10.25.2015

Nude, Plum and Red - The Autumn Lipsticks


Maybelline Velvet Lip Pencil in Keep It Classy

With colder days approaching, my makeup bag has been switched up along with my closet. Dewier foundation; slightly smokier eyes; and of course - the autumn lipsticks. 
Autumn lip colours to me are not only plummy and berry shades, not only that bold dark lips, my essentials also include a mauvey-nude, and a true red. Today I am sharing with you my favourite lip colours for autumn, including my all time favourite drug-store lip products. 

First of all, when we talk about autumn a berry colour is a must. My go-to berry lipstick is Maybelline Velvet Lip Pencil in Keep It Classy. It's an everyday berry shade, I don't need to feel extra edgy to pull it off. The formula is amazing! It's not drying on the lips at all and lasts around 5-6 hours on me, which is very impressive for its price tag. Unlike some of other drug-store lipsticks (looking at you Rimmel), it doesn't have a strong scent either, which is a huge thumbs up for me. This  lipstick was a huge hit last autumn/winter and I can totally understand why, I'll have to try some of the other shades from the range in the future. 

Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner in Eastend Snob

A nude shade is an essential all year round, however believe it or not, there are ten thousand shades of nudes. During colder months I tend to reach for those with a mauvey undertone to it. Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner has an amazing formula, it's creamy, long lasting and has a beautiful matte finish. To be honest I think it performs better than most of the high-end lip liners I've tried. It is hands down my favourite lip liner of all time! I wish Rimmel would bring more shades to this line. Eastend Snob is a beautiful my-lips-but-much-better shade. It goes well with both smokey eyes or an everyday effortless look. 
Mac Lipstick in Mac Red

Every girl has her perfect red. Mine is Mac Red by Mac. It has a satin finish which is very comfortable on lips. It also has a cool undertone which basically means whiter teeth, that's always a plus when it comes to red lipsticks ;). I love wearing it with over-sized sweater and jeans for a casual yet chic look. For a date night look with this lipstick, check out this post here!

That's my autumn lipstick edit, what do you think? What is your favourite autumn lip colour? Share with me in the comment :)

xo, Jessie