7.19.2015

Nude Perfecto - Smashbox Mini Full Exposure Eyeshadow Palette Review

The other day I was strolling around the local make up store and this mini palette caught my eyes instantly. It is literally the tiniest, thinest palette I've ever seen and OH the shades are just perfect: four shimmery and four matte shades which are all in wearable neutrals.

Smashbox Mini Full Exposure Eyeshadow Palette

I have heard plenty of great things about Smashbox's eyeshadow in the blogging world, also when I occasionally swatch them in store they seems pretty creamy and buttery, therefore I had really high expectations when I got this palette. Maybe that's why I'm a bit disappointed with it.. I'm not saying it's chalky or bad, it's just that some of the shades don't perform as well as the others. In general matte shades are chalkier and harder to blend then the glitter shads, especially M4. However the glitter shades and M1 are soft as butter. As for M3 and M6, they are above average too.

One downside of it is that the product cracks easily. I took the above photo after used it twice and as you can see M3 has some significant imperfections around the corner already... there is even more now.. :/ I don't know if it is a general problem but it's definitely a thumbs down..
Smashbox Mini Full Exposure Eyeshadow Palette
Smashbox Mini Full Exposure Eyeshadow Palette Swatches
What I love the most about this palette is probably its shades, they are easy to pair with each other and most of them (except M4) are wearable by themselves too. My favourite way of wearing it is to use M4 as base colour, M3 as crease colour, M1 as eyeliner and finally pat S3 or S4 all over the eyelids. 

Smashbox Mini Full Exposure Eyeshadow Palette Makeup Look
Smashbox Mini Full Exposure Eyeshadow Palette Makeup Look
Overall I will give this product a B. Its sleek packaging and beautiful colours kinda make up for its downsides. and I think it definitely worth a try if you like neutral and matte eyeshadows. 

xo, Jessie