12.21.2015

Last Minute Gift Guide For Her


I am one of those who is bad at planning things ahead, especially when it comes to gift purchase. Don't get me wrong, I love shopping, but when I need to buy something for other people, I'm lost and inevitably feel the anxiety of 'gosh what if she doesn't like it?!'. If you still haven't decided what to purchase for your girlfriend/ best friend/ sister/ mom, I get you covered today. Most of the products I selected here are universal, hope you find this guide helpful!



Gift for her, the first answer that pops into my head is lip products. I admit that I'm a lipstick fanatic, however no girl has enough lipstick, trust me. Here I've chosen five lip products that are flattering on almost everyone. In the picture above, from left to right:

~ Dior Addict Lip Glow: This is a luxurious lip balm that suits everyone, it changes to different tones of pink depending on the wearer's temperature and skin tone.
~ Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector: This product is in between lip balm and lip gloss, it's comfortable on lips and smells delicious.
~ Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro 501 Casual Pink: I reviewed and swatched this product here. It's a gorgeous mauvey pink which can be one of those oh-so-famous Kylie Jenner lip colours.
~ Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss: Lip gloss can be tricky, not everyone is crazy about it due to different reasons ( stickiness, short wear time etc.) I being one of them. However Bobbi Brown's lip gloss doesn't seem to have those issues.
~ Mac Lipstick in Mac Red: This is my go-to red shade and probably will be my Christmas Eve Party shade. I wore this lipstick in this post if you fancy to check out.

Skin Care
Of course lipstick is not the only thing you can give to a beauty lover. A skin care set will be another option. It can be tricky to purchase skin care products for others, my tip is to get something that doesn't target a certain skin type. For example brightening, hydrating products that most of people will appreciate. Here in the image above I chose my recent treat to myself, a sun screen and a serum from Origins' Mega-Bright range.

Body Care & Fragrance
A safe bet is a body care & fragrance gift set, it suits absolutely everyone (from grandmas to best childhood friend, you get what I mean). Here we get a set from L'Occitane, it's a shower gel, perfume and body milk set from their green tea range. I got a free full-size candle from them yesterday when I purchased this gift set, #justsaying.

Beret, scarf & palette
If you know that she is a makeup lover, a limited edition palette can be a great gift. She'd jump up and down when she opens up the wrapping and sees this Nars palette, I'm telling you this from the point of view of a makeup lover XD. I reviewed this palette i this post, it's absolutely gorgeous.

At last, there is more than just makeup! An accessorise can be a great gift, we all need another scarf, there is nothing more cozy than a big, warm scarf. Beret has also been in-trend this season, if she is a fashion type of girl, she will love it! 

What gift have you bought? How do you like my selection? Share with me in the comment :)

xo, Jessie